Welcome to DECOLONIZE DECEMBER
It is December and the idea of running in the cold is scary but necessary, so I copied a run challenge I saw once and decided to invite you all to join me in recreating it. Feel free to invite friends to run along.
Between Tuesday, December 1, and Thursday, December 10th, we will run a total of 55 Kilometers, or 34.17 Miles.
Each day we will run a different distance (1K, 2K, 3K, 4K, 5K, 6K, 7K, 8K, 9K, 10K) in ANY order over the 10 day span between December 1 - December 10, 2020. You only run the distance once, and obviously, 1K is a little short, so go as far as you want that day and measure your fastest Kilometer within that activity. Or if it is meant to be a rest day, just walk a really fast .6 mile loop in your kitchen. Whatever.
You must run and record a time each day using this Form.
If you would like to participate, please send $10 over Venmo to @jhardest. You must pay to be eligible for the prize. Winners (Runners in each category with the fastest overall pace) will take a small cash prize.
All other money will be donated to Rising Hearts, an organization dedicated to elevating Indigenous voices & causes thru organizing & collaboration.
More info here: https://twitter.com/_ risinghearts #runningforjustice
If you record a time but haven't paid me, I'll send you an email. If no one signs up, I'll make a donation and run more frequently than I did in November.
If you get close to winning, I will probably ask you for proof of your times.
For example, I will be running:
Tuesday 12/1: 5K = 3.10 Miles
Wednesday 12/2: 9K = 5.59 Miles
Thursday 12/3: 4K = 2.48 Miles
Friday 12/4: 1K = 0.62 Miles
Saturday 12/5: 6K = 3.72 Miles
Sunday 12/6: 10K = 6.21 Miles
Monday 12/7: 2K = 1.24 Miles
Tuesday 12/8: 3K = 1.86 Miles
Wednesday 12/9: 8K = 4.97 Miles
Thursday 12/10: 7K = 4.34 Miles
Tuesday 12/1: 5K = 3.10 Miles
Wednesday 12/2: 9K = 5.59 Miles
Thursday 12/3: 4K = 2.48 Miles
Friday 12/4: 1K = 0.62 Miles
Saturday 12/5: 6K = 3.72 Miles
Sunday 12/6: 10K = 6.21 Miles
Monday 12/7: 2K = 1.24 Miles
Tuesday 12/8: 3K = 1.86 Miles
Wednesday 12/9: 8K = 4.97 Miles
Thursday 12/10: 7K = 4.34 Miles
Enjoy the run!
Comments
Post a Comment